We are looking for a reliable Logistics Manager to be responsible for the overall operations of the logistics office. Logistics Manager responsibilities include organizing and monitoring storage and distribution of goods. The goal is to manage the entire order cycle to enhance business development and ensure sustainability and customer satisfaction. The Logistics Manager will work under the direction of the COO.
• Oversee the movement, distribution and storage of materials
• Responsible for the flow of incoming materials and outgoing finished products to ensure customers receive products on time.
• Ensure finished goods are loaded and shipped according to customer requirements.
• Oversee warehouse, material handling, transportation and planning of workers.
• Oversee receiving/shipping process.
• Responsible for ensuring warehouse and distribution workers follow safety rules and processes
• Ensure forklift drivers perform duties in an efficient and safe manner
• Prepare reports as necessary supporting finance and upper management initiatives.
• To comply with all SQF procedures and policies, and is responsible to report food safety problems.
• Use cell phone frequently for communication and performing job duties (reimbursed expense as approved)
• Follow all policies and procedures established by the Corporation.
• Perform other related duties as directed by the COO
High school diploma or G.E.D. required. Must be computer literate and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Access. Forklift certification preferred.
Three-five years work experience in a production/packaging/warehouse environment with a minimum of two years in a supervisory capacity. Must be familiar with warehouse management, yard management systems and SAP software applications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.